Implementing Flurry Ads

1 reply [Last post]
nano.mathias
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

So, I just got the Enterprise trial, and I decided I want to implement FlurryAds during this period, to see if Enterprise is really for me.

So, I got it set up with xCode and all, and got CoronaSampleApp running on iOS just fine. I downloaded the Flurry SDK, added the FlurryAds library to my project, and then I get the following error:

Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_FlurryHttpAsyncTask", referenced from:
      objc-class-ref in libFlurryAds.a(libFlurryAds.a-i386-master.o)
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_FlurryNetworkUtil", referenced from:
      objc-class-ref in libFlurryAds.a(libFlurryAds.a-i386-master.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Now I know that the FlurryAds requires FlurryAnalytics to work. I figured it was already included in Enterprise, but perhaps in an older version. If I try to include the newest FlurryAnalytics SDK, then I get duplicate errors:

duplicate symbol _MAX_AD_STATE_CALLBACK_ATTEMPTS in:
 /Users/mathiasgruber/Documents/CoronaEnterprise/iOS/Flurry/Libraries/Corona/libplayer.a(FlurrySession.o)
    Libraries/FlurryAds/libFlurryAds.a(libFlurryAds.a-i386-master.o)
ld: 87 duplicate symbols for architecture i386
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Any ideas on how to progress from this? I'm fairly new to xCode and coding apps natively in general.

Replies

nano.mathias
User offline. Last seen 10 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Found that this worked when I removed the -ObjC flag. This apparently does not work with the Flurry Ads:

http://support.flurry.com/index.php?title=AppCircle/FAQ#Why_am_I_getting_duplicate_symbol_errors_when_trying_to_add_both_FlurryAppCircle_and_FLurryClips.3F

Will removing this flag come back and bite me in the ass later?

Viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.